competition published on June 10, 2013.
Dan McEvoy doesn’t set out to get into violent confrontations with New Jersey’s gangster overlords but he’s long since found that once you’re on their radar, there’s only one way to slip off it. So he’s learned his own way to fight back, aiming to outwit rather than kill unless he really has no choice. But when Dan’s glam step-gran Edit shows up on the hunt for his dishevelled aunt Evelyn, it quickly becomes clear that family can provide the deadliest threat of all. In a city of gun-happy criminals, bent cops and a tough-talking woman detective whose inspires terror and lust in equal measure, Dan may just have reached the point where sharp wit won’t cut the mustard. But can he play the heavies at their own game?
1351 BC: Akhenaten the Sun-Pharaoh rules supreme in Egypt… until the day he casts off his crown and mysteriously disappears into the desert, his legacy seemingly swallowed up by the remote sands beneath the Great Pyramids of Giza.
AD 1884: A British soldier serving in the Sudan stumbles upon an incredible discovery – a submerged temple containing evidence of a terrifying religion whose god was fed by human sacrifice. The soldier is on a mission to reach General Gordon before Khartoum falls. But he hides a secret of his own.
Present day: Jack Howard and his team are excavating one of the most amazing underwater sites they have ever encountered, but dark forces are watching to see what they will find. Diving into the Nile, they enter a world three thousand years back in history, inhabited by a people who have sworn to guard the greatest secret of all time…
To enter simply answer the following question:
- Who is the publisher of Screwed and Pharaoh?
The Competition is closed.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is June 24, 2013, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
A Dangerous Delusion – Peter Oborne and David Morrison at Hay Festival
What Fresh Lunacy is This?
You may also like
The book is an incredibly detailed account of the ethnic conflict in Sri Lanka, followed by a first-hand account of the ...